Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Silver Lining by Wanda B. Campbell




TO BE OR NOT TO BE? THAT IS THE QUESTION.


After reading two other books by Wanda B. Campbell, I must say, I had high expectations for this book also. I can say. . . . she delivered! I was looking for a story with characters that were believable and a good plot with emotions that made me feel as if I was there. Silver Lining gave me just that.


~ Oprah Winfrey said, “Be thankful for what you have: you’ll end up having more.” That was exactly the case with Marlissa Jennings and her friend Leon Scott. Events of the past affect the future in one way or another.


Marlissa was the wife of Dr. Kevin Jennings who she’d been separated from for over a year. It wasn’t Kevin’s fault they were separated and Marlissa knew this. She knew she had a handsome husband, nice home and a nice car but something was still missing. Leon Scott was on the same path of destruction until he crossed paths with Marlissa. Leon had a wife named Starla, two children and a thriving construction business. Marlissa and Leon brought each other out of darkness after they met in a club and got sloppy drunk together. This turned out to be a good thing for both of them because they became each other’s keeper.


Two years later, Marlissa and Leon were on a different path. The road of destruction was no more and now they had goals that they wanted to accomplish. Marlissa was facing divorce proceedings from Kevin and Leon needed to face Starla and two children who he left due to an addiction.


Now that Marlissa and Leon have gotten their acts together, will Kevin and Starla take them back? What will they have to go through in order to gain their spouses trust again? What about the in-laws and their thoughts? It turns out not to be as easy as it sounds. The drama that ensues from a few other people in their lives made the new goals a little more difficult to accomplish for Marlissa and Leon. I also have to mention that there were scenes that had me laughing out loud and talking to the book. The characters made me want to cheer them on but then there were events that just tore at my heart and had me in tears.


This was such an enjoyable read. I am looking forward to the next book from Mrs. Campbell.


Review by Ebonypeach1

4.5 Stars

No comments: