Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Anything 4 Profit by Justin "Amen" Floyd



I was given this book as a loaner so I didn't really know anything about it. Needless to say I gave the book back and bought my own copy.

It was just that good.

The story is set in a southern town in South Carolina(Greenville) in the Mid 80's. As the story is told, you will begin to feel as though you are right there. When he spoke of Cleveland Park and Terrace Shopping Center, it brought back memories of those days. He set the story in a town where he grew up and was part of the scene so it made his story even more believable. Very good job for a first time author and I look forward to his next book.I hope this will not be the last we hear from this author.

Thanks for representing the hometown so well.

Review by Ebonypeach1

4.5 Stars

1 comment:

Orsayor said...

I seen this book.. but was unsure.. good to know.. I will add this to my TBR list